About the Position
Brunch is a small team. We are a design, web development and brand consultancy specializing in lifestyle, technology, and civic and nonprofit institutions. It doesn’t matter if we’re serving a global Fortune 500 company, a beloved local business, or a revered national institution, we approach our work like we do our life: as an adventure we take with our friends. That’s how we consistently deliver the kind of creative that brings our partners back over and over again.
Our culture is fueled by exploration, entrepreneurship and ownership. Because we are inspired by the passion of our people, our new business efforts are driven by the products, services and businesses that inspire us every day.
We’re looking for a fellow adventurer, enthusiastic learner, hard worker who takes their creative personally, and are passionate about growing the company.
You are comfortable getting deep into the details, with a collaborative team where design, development, testing and launch are not siloed responsibilities, but calculated group efforts. You seek opportunities to innovate, and have a desire to make positive impacts wherever you can.
The role of a project manager is to assist the company in producing our best work as efficiently and on-time as possible. The project manager at Brunch must be able to understand the process of the full web-design lifecycle. They possess excellent organizational skills with a keen sense for analyzing risks and pitfalls. They will be the owner and traffic manager for nearly every project within the company.
We are looking for someone with excellent organizational skills, an eye for detail, and comfort interacting with both clients as well as internal staff. Someone who can take and give critique, and is comfortable asking for help. Because we are a small team with remote employees, strong communication skills are vital. A willingness to learn and tackle new problems is highly valued.
Who You Are:
- You're a team player who enjoys project management and are excited about website design and development.
- You care about the granular details as much as you do large milestones; you consider the impact of how every decision can affect other projects, clients, and team members.
- You can present and lead meetings comfortably. You can interface on behalf of Brunch to clients and stakeholders.
- You enjoy problem solving. You invest in getting to know the problem well, and crafting solutions to solve it.
- You know your limitations and blind spots. You're able to recognize when you don't know something and are comfortable saying "I do not know, but let me ask my team and I will get back to you."
What you will do:
- Help to develop and grow long-lasting, strong client relationships.
- Assist in initial new project and client discovery sessions.
- Create and manage project schedules, timelines, budgets, deliverables and communications with clients.
- Coordinate with our team to ensure appropriate resource allocation and project forecasting align with ongoing efforts.
- Organize project requirements, documentation, and management of internal Asana tasks and time tracking software.
- Interface directly with clients for any requests, traffic them internally, and then alert client of completion and/or share final deliverables.
- Represent the company and brand at industry events or new business opportunities.
Benefits and Perks:
- 3+ weeks vacation and sick time.
- 8+ paid holidays off.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability.
- Life and AD&D insurance.
- Simple IRA with employer match.
- 10% net revenue bonus for each new business referral.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible ‘work from home' days.
- A close-knit team that cares about each others’ growth.
- Dogs in the DC office.
- 5+ years of working experience; agency experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Background in project or product development and management.
- Experience with project requirements and technical necessities.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to pragmatically improve our PM processes.
- Passion for project-focused team leadership and execution.
- BONUS: Project Management Institute (PMI) certification such as Project Management Professional (PMP).
- BONUS: Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification through the Scrum Alliance.
- BONUS: Tangential hard-skills are always a plus: writing, data-analysis...etc.